Saturday, October 10, 2009

My TheraTears Experiment: Day 30

Here it is, day 30 of taking TheraTears capsules. There’s actually an extra one in the bottle, so I’ve decided to throw all caution to the wind and take four capsules today. (Yep, call me a risk taker, heh heh.)

So, how’re my eyes doing? The short answer is: better, but not back to normal. Guess I’m not too surprised, though. The idea of some omega 3s as being my vision savior is pretty farfetched. Still, I had hope. (Can you blame me?)

After 30 days of taking the TheraTears nutritional supplement, my eyes have a much less grittiness to them. I still get that there’s-something-in-my-eye feeling, but it’s not as annoying and not as many times during the day. Eye moisture has also improved. I’m shedding a tear here and there, but it’s not anywhere near how my eyes used to normally be before the dry eye syndrome came on the scene.

As for my blurry vision, it’s still a problem. Who knows? Maybe it’s got little to nothing to do with the dry eye problem. So I’ll be on the lookout for some other natural remedy for the blurriness. (If you know of anything, let me know; thanks.)

Another thing to note is the appearance of my eyes. Their definitely not that horrible red color like before taking the TheraTears, but the eyeballs aren’t as white as they could be. They’ve got a grayish tint to them. Wonder if there’s an eyeball whitener on the market? (Just kidding!)

So, that’s the end result of my little experiment with TheraTears capsules. Will I continue taking them? Maybe next month. For the meantime, I want to test out that “no chocolate or caffeine” idea. I’ve got a few more pieces of candy to finish off before I try that one out (some people do a purge by throwing stuff out, I eat it up—waste not, want not, right?).

If you’ve done a no chocolate/no caffeine diet before, did it improve your eye problems? Less dry eye symptoms? Sharper vision? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment